Objectives and main topics
The conference provided a dynamic and unique setting to network, interact and learn from key speakers through a thought-provoking 3-day programme. EcoProcura sought to provide the latest information, advice and tools to public authorities wanting to implement high quality, cost effective sustainable procurement and procurement of innovation.
The EcoProcura 2014 conference addressed questions such as:
- How to capitalise on the cost efficiency of sustainable procurement?
- What are the obstacles for mainstreaming sustainable procurement?
- How to develop integrated sustainable public procurement strategies across the organisation?
- What do the new European Public Procurement Directives mean for sustainable procurement and procurement of innovation in practice?
- How can public procurement stimulate innovation?
- What legal and practical aspects should be considered when undertaking a dialogue between public procurers and business?
Interactive sessions to exchange and share ideas
The interactive conference programme ensured that opinions, experiences, guidelines and ideas were shared throughout the three days, including:
Plenaries providing a dialogue between speakers and participants on the latest developments, including legislation, policies and strategies;
Break-out sessions focusing on specific procurement processes, products and service groups;
The Market Lounge with roundtables of 6-8 people offering opportunities to provide advice, discuss challenges and present the latest tools and good practice solutions;
Evening events to exchange, network and socialise;
An Exhibition area providing dedicated spaces to display material and inform participants about organisations’ activities on the topic
A Meet Your Buyer event offering a unique opportunity as a public procurer to meet leading businesses providing sustainable products and services in an informal setting